Thursday 29 December 2016

Pouch

It's a balmy night inside the house tonight and my fingers just seem to be sticking to the keyboard tonight.

A few weeks ago I really didn't think that I'd be able to achieve my goal of 52 blog posts for the year. However, here I am with my 52nd blog!  Fanfare music playing here!

I had purchased as a gift for a friend a quick unpick.  Odd gift, but this is very special.  I had originally purchased one for myself from Alan's Pen Making after rave reviews from other sewers on a group site I suscribe to on Facebook.  It's made from wood.  So pretty, and every sewer should have special tools to work with.

Here's the one I purchased for a friend:



I decided to make some sort of bag for it to go into.  I downloaded a pattern off the internet from Flamingo Toes called the Spring Zipper Pouch Pattern.  It is very simple to make.  I used a vintage fabric I'd previously used on some aprons I had made:




Well that makes 52.  Sewing goals for next year?

I will aim to:

* make and blog about 52 of my creations
* choose three mediums in sewing that I have not worked with, first cab off the rank will be leather

Happy new year everyone, it would be good if you could just leave me a short message about yourself and what you enjoy sewing.

Stay safe.

Happy sewing.

Sandra



No comments:

Post a Comment