Friday 16 December 2016

Lingerie Design - Full slip

In my next post, I'II be revealing my red dress, for the little red dress challenge.  Trouble is, it is made from a fabric that has see through bits.  I don't think my husband will let me leave the house until it is less see through!!

I contemplated lining it, threw out that idea and decided to make a slip instead.

Trouble is, I am not in the mood to draft the pattern, I just wanted to get it done and move on with other sewing.

I decided I would use the same pattern that I used in my red dress, but alter it using some basic drafting techniques and apply it to this alteration.

I am pleased with the outcome:



It fits quite well on me, appears wonky on my dressmaking dummy because my room is a mess, and,  my dress is no longer see through!

Tell me, do you want me to post a tutorial on how to do this?  It really was very simple to do.

Well, I'm determined to make it to my blog goal of 52 blog posts for 2016.  I can see that I am fairly close to this now, so, I will work hard to attain it.

Any suggestions as to what you'd like to see on this blog in 2017?

Merry Christmas everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment