Tuesday 3 January 2017

Happy New Year

Hello everyone

I hope that you had a Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all of you.

I'm on a mission at the moment, three babies are due at work this year, and since I am on holidays wanted to get these out of the way, so I wanted to get the quilt tops out of the way first.

I have completed three quilt tops this week, both using the strip piecing technique.  One will be familiar to you (I have blogged about this before) the other was a technique that I found on Pinterest 

Now, being a bit of a perfectionist the technique here actually produced two quilt tops for me.  I could have incorporated it into one quilt.  The printed fabric in this quilt is vintage.  It's not cotton. Herein lies my contradictions, because I'm not a purist when it comes to quilting (a purist would use 100% cotton all the way through).  The vintage fabric is from my mother in law, who also was a sewer. When she departed I went through her stuff and kept most of the vintage fabric.  How could I not use it?  It gives it such an Art Deco feel.





Here is the other, a familiar quilt top to me now.


Better go and pick up my new toy, more later.....

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment