Tuesday 20 December 2016

Red dress - The Tunic Bible

I am feeling the pressure now, I have to complete my red dress for the Red Dress Challenge, but this challenge is double edged, these are the Christmas dresses we will wear on the final day of work for this year.

A few years ago  Ronda and I made up our own challenge - Christmas dresses for the last day of work.

To add to this we both decided that we would also complete the Red Dress Challenge.  No problems, right?  I love red.  Shouldn't be a problem...I stand corrected.  I have lots of after five fabric in red, but, only one piece that Ronda had given me for either a Christmas or a birthday a few years back.  Since I did not want to go out a buy fabric, this had to be what I used up.

The pattern I liked from The Tunic Bible.  In the book it is made out of a knit fabric.  I chose it because I liked the sleeves and had not made a dress with sleeves like this before.





It is a good pattern, for someone that is experienced in sewing and pattern alterations.  I need to clarify, I am very happy with the final outfit.

However, there is an adjustment on the front neckline for the scooped neckline, however, this does not correspond with the back neckline (it had to be lowered).  Also, because I chose to use a woven fabric, and not a knit I also had to create a front neckline facing.  To cater to my measurements, there was only one adjustment I needed to make, that was to lengthen the bodice at the waistline by 1" (2.5 cm).


The fabric I had was a very light voile, so sheer in parts that I have my husband worried that I might leave the house with just this on.  Not so, I will be wearing the voile slip I made in my last blog post underneath!

Here's a photo with the two of us:



No comments:

Post a Comment