Tuesday 20 December 2016

Kris Kringle gift - McCall's M6132

Maybe I just work better under pressure.

As a part of my Kris Kringle gift I decided to make my KK an apron.  Why an apron?  Because if you willingly clean out the fridge at work, you need a special apron to make the task more bearable!  Besides this pattern makes me smile.  I hope it does the same for her.


I have combined two things I know she likes into this apron.  Cats and the colour green!

I had this vintage fabric that I have had for a while, I have come to the conclusion in my life that I need to use things instead of them becoming objects that you just look at or that become someone else's problem when you're no longer around.

This is a lovely pattern, I have used it before.  It is easy to put together.  It allowed me to do some applique and use some of the other types of stitches I don't usually use on my sewing machine to complete the whiskers, mouth, ears and nose. So, if you are looking for an apron to make, this is a bit of fun.

I actually made two of these in the same fabric, the other is for a friends birthday.

I want to make another two, one of which will be for me.  More of that at a later date.

Merry Christmas everyone, the real gift is in the giving.

Happy sewing.

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment