Sunday 15 January 2017

Stretch top and dress

Yes, a new piece of equipment can change your attitude to stretch fabric.

I've been busy experimenting with my new Janome Coverpro 2000.

I have made four pieces of underwear (from scraps of other items I've either made in the past or now), one top and a dress.

The white top is one that I have made before, it is a free pattern from So Sew Easy, this is, as the site suggests very easy to put together.  It is comfortable to wear, and I do like a white top during the summer months.  This is the first time that I have been happy with using stretch fabric, the Janome Coverpro 2000 does give you the professional finish I so craved.



I then purchased this geometric patterned stretch fabric that I thought that I would make another top out of.  However, when it made it to my cutting table, it told me that I just had enough of it to make a simple dress.

I decided that I would use the same pattern that I had used previously in my little red dress post.  Yes it is the same pattern.  I decided against the sleeves (to tell you the truth, I didn't have enough fabric to do this); changed the sleeve to a shorter version, I didn't add a zip - I'm using stretch fabric, so there's not a need for it.  Cover stitched all hems and neckline, and here you have it:



I'm still experimenting with the machine, so far so good.  Just don't know why I waited so long to get this machine.

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment