Tuesday 27 September 2016

My go to pattern .... Simplicity2371

I've come to the conclusion that I do have a go to sewing pattern, It's Simplicity 2371. Why? I like wearing the dress with or without the tie around the waist.  It's comfortable on a hot summers day and, it is easy to make.

Whilst ploughing through the bargain table at Spotlight I came across this cotton voile:



I loved the colours and pattern on it, but, there was so little on the bolt that I hoped that I could make a dress out of it.

I laid the pattern out and found that I had just enough to make the dress (or tunic as it's referred to on the pattern). Phew, at least I got that much out of it.


The only alteration I made to this top is to raise the slit in the front by 2.5 cm (1").


Added bonus, the bird in the pattern is centered in the front (I'd like to say that I planned it that way, but, I'd be lying).

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment