Friday 16 September 2016

Sometimes when your friends convince you to do something, it actually turns out to be a good thing...

Some months ago my friend Ronda spoke to me about a quilt challenge.  What attracted to me was two things:  $10 to be paid for fabric that must be used in the quilt, and the quilt would be auctioned of and the funds used for this organisation to help the intellectually disabled.

As mentioned in a previous post, I came up with the idea of the butterfly patchwork block.  I almost didn't finish the quilt as I didn't feel that if I quilted it that it would be up to scratch.

I asked my friend Ronda who works with me if she wanted to quilt it and then we could submit it as a joint entry.  I'm glad I did.  Our past collaborations have always had successful outcomes.  So, the quilt made it to the  Minda Quilt Challenge and it got shown at the Australian Machine Quilting Festival in Adelaide!  (Ronda got second prize for the circular quilt).



Look what I received in the mail today:


Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment