Saturday 3 September 2016

Baby quilt

This is the same patchwork pattern that I used in my Three Shirt Quilt:



It looks slightly different because I had to make do after I ran out of the purple fabric.  So I added sashing to the outer borders.  This time I used the Madeira Aeroquilt 3000 thread that I picked up at the last quilt show.

Now you know that quilting is something I am pushing myself to do as one of my challenges, but I must say that whilst using this thread I had a moment where I thought "I really enjoy doing this".  So I stitched in the ditch for most of this and then did this quilting pattern (didn't use the blue tailor's chalk this time to mark the pattern).

I used my regular sewing machine, not a long arm machine.  I think having the right equipment to do a job is very important.  Earlier this year I purchased a Horn Sewing/quilting table and it was the second time I'd used the quilting extension to the table.  Conclusion, it helps to keep the quilt flat and not running off the table.

Here's a close up of the quilting (the quilt has been washed, so that's why it's looking a bit crinkled):



I think I have a home for it to go to now.

What have you been up to?  I have another quilt of this design almost done and it seems that the baby making phase at work has started up again, so Ronda and I are busy again making baby quilts and one retirement quilt.

The weather is still coolish here, but, we are seeing the sun a bit more often, my October Design magazine has just arrived and it's time to investigate my stash to pull out some summer fabrics to make outfits from.

I have so many projects in mind that going to work is just an inconvenience (but funds the fabric addiction!)

I hope all is well in your world.

Happy sewing.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment