Saturday 29 April 2017

Vogue 8682 (V8682)

I've decided that it's really hard to concentrate at work when it is a Monday, and that Monday is the day before a public holiday.

My mind is on sewing projects and not on work.

In a previous post I mentioned that I was overcome by my sewing stash, I went around the house telling my husband, "Hi, I'm Sandra, and I have a fabric problem".  Now to tackle some of that problem.

I pulled out some patterns to, that I always had the intention of sewing, but never did.  The first one to get off that table of mine is Vogue 8682.  I then went through my stash and found four metres of red peach skin fabric.  (Now, are you having flashbacks to the 1990s?)  That's exactly how long I've had this piece, it was quite vogue back then, I love it's texture, it's probably the closest you get to a fake suede, but in a fabric form.  It will do nicely when the days become cooler (at present I've the fan on in our office and wearing a summer dress!)  OK, I'm not working either, when I should be.






Pattern:  V8682

What adjustments did I do to this pattern?

  • 3cm (1") adjustment to extend the length at the waist
  • I chose the short length with the long sleeves (long sleeves with longer length reminded me of a nightie).
The pattern called for a 22" zip, I had a 18" one on hand and finally decided to go with this because the fabric itself has some stretch.

I am very happy with the outcome.  It is comfortable and and easy pattern to put together.

Those quick projects that add to our wardrobe are just the best.

Items used from stash today:  reel of cotton and overlocking thread; four metres of fabric; one zip.

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment