Sunday 16 April 2017

One feature fabric influencing patchwork design

I've been going through my fabric stash (that's really a whole story in itself).  When I came across some fabric that reminded me of the story of Cinderella.  It's not really, just a prince chasing his damsel, the things fairytales are made of.

I had so little of this fabric, it was sent to me when I ordered something online as a sorry because the order was delayed, unnecessary, but thoughtful.

So, as I was going through this stash, this fabric 'spoke to me'.  Since the last lot of patchwork tops, we have discovered three more pregnancies at work - we were ahead with our quilt making, these pregnancies put us behind again.

Here are two versions of how I used this feature fabric (very bright and colourful):



So, from now on, I'm trying to stick to my stash, I DON'T need to buy anymore.  This is going to be hard!

What sewing projects have you been doing?

Sandra

PS this means that I have destashed four five pieces of fabric!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment