Sunday 23 April 2017

Patchwork - Buzz Saw Design

I had one of those Tim Gunn, 'make it work' moments again when attempting this design, plus I was limited in the amount of owl fabric I had.

The first block worked out well, it all went astray after that one block.  I got discouraged, and resigned myself to the fact that it may have to be thrown out along with the attempt of the next block.

I put it away, made three tops and two other quilt tops and got back to it.  I squared up the block (it was more of a rectangle beforehand) and finished it off to make another baby quilt top.


It needs a press, but I did make do with what fabric I had on hand.

The instructions I used (I am not going to name and shame) were partially to blame for what went wrong with this quilt top.  However, in the end I am happy with the end result.

What I find with sewing is, that most of the time things go along well, however, sometimes some curvers come our way.  We have two choices at this stage; throw it out and start again or try and problem solve the problem.  It is much more satisfying when we problem solve and come out with a satisfactory result.

How has your sewing been progressing?

Happy sewing.

Sandra

PS Some other leftover 'mistakes' did make it into the bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment