Sunday 29 June 2014

Finally, some dressmaking

Hi everyone

Now, I'm up to the stage of making clothes for me.

The weather here in Melbourne, Australia has turned cold (still not cold enough to put the gloves on), but certainly cold.  I love it, most people I know hate it, however, this is the only time of the year I don't complain about the weather.

This time last year I was in Granada, Spain.  It was very hot. I loved the colours of Spain the consistent blue sky with the sandy tones of buildings. The colours.  Before I went overseas last year I came up with the hair brain idea to go through my winter wardrobe and get rid of things that either did not fit or were outdated.  Did that. My thinking was that I'd have enough time to replenish my wardrobe.  WRONG, I need to work hard these holidays to bring my winter wardrobe up to scratch.

 Alhambra, Granada, Spain
But, I digress with my photo.

When I WAS a member of the Australian Sewing Guild I met up with a lady who put me onto Ottobre Design magazine. She gave positive reviews of the fit of the patterns, especially for us largish women.  So I thought I'd give it a try.  I agree with her the fit across the shoulders, sleeve length and general fit are great.

This coat is from Ottobre Design Woman Autumn/Winter 5/2013, page 9 (yellow one on the right):


I decided to make this out of a pin wale black cord, I have the shell and lining done with only the task of putting the two together, here's a picture of the outer shell of the coat, my inner lining is an orange check:


I promise you, a finished coat on me, for you to see in my next post.

Happy sewing everyone, take time out everyday to do something you enjoy doing, life is too short to put things off.

Sandra

#SandraLovesSewing     #Dressmaking      #quilting      #Ottobre      #sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment