Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

I finished off 2014 making notebook covers as Christmas presents, here ar some others that were done:







For today, I needed to do some practical sewing.  You know, the everyday  stuff you put off, but, need to do.

So, I decided that my ironing board covers need replacing.  I thought I would start with my small ironing board first.  I just wanted this to be simple, but yet using a fabric that depicted one of the things I really loved.

I began by tracing the outline of the ironing board onto the wrong side of the fabric, then, added a 2.5cm (1") allowance around it and cut along this line:


Then I basted this on with a basting spray onto a batting and a backing fabric:


I decided that I would just quilt straight lines on this:


Cut around the edge (the top that is in the shape of the ironing board).


I then cut a 8 cm (3") wide strip the diameter of the ironing board cover.  Fold in half, press, and use the over locker to attach this to the top.  I then threaded elastic through the casing, tied it together. Placed it on the ironing board. 

There you are, my new ironing board cover...


Now to tackle the larger ironing board cover, decision, do I patchwork it or not?  Depends, do I spend my time doing this or sew a dress?

Onto my next task.  Have a great day everyone, I'm hiding from the heat today under the air conditioner.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment