Tuesday 12 January 2016

Quilt top made for a man that enjoys fishing

I decided that I need to buy less fabric and sew more. Heard that before?

Every time I look at fabric and buy it, I know exactly what it should become. Trouble is, I have more good ideas than I have time.  Poor excuse really. I should make time.

I purchased a piece of fabric with fishing lures on it. I've had it for over a year. Finally, I decided what the design should be.

So I fussy cut the squares of fishing lures, and I used a pack of fat quarters of graduating shades of green, and so, this is what I created.  The top is done, the quilting will come later.  I'm pretty happy with the finished product:



Besides this, I've become mug rug mad, and at every opportunity been making this for upcoming birthdays, I think I've covered birthdays until July this year.  I enjoy doing them, they would also make great Christmas presents.



I've also gone through my wardrobe and turfed two garbage bags of clothes.  If they didn't make me feel good, they are out.  If they didn't fit, yes, you guessed it, they're gone.  Trouble is, I'm under pressure to sew more clothes!  Anyway two weeks to go until I'm back at work, so I should be able to get a couple of tops done.

What have you been up to? What's your latest project?

Enjoy what you're doing. Happy sewing.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment