Monday 18 January 2016

Cushion covers. Part 1

My couch is in need of some pillows. This means that l need to make five cushion covers.

I pulled out some Japanese prints, which are cuts from kimonos.  A mix of pieces that are cotton, silk and polyester.

My first cushion cover l have used three fabrics from this lot.  The fabrics, although beautiful, have imperfections - hence the reason they were cut up and sold as fabric pieces.  I didn't go out of my way to hide these imperfections either.

Using the 'Rocket Man', design from Kathy Doughty's book, 'Material Obsession', I created a cushion cover.

Since the block in the book is not meant to be symmetric, l felt this would suit my imperfect fabric. It was more like free styling or crazy patchwork, without the embellishments.


Now for some quilting.

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment