Monday 25 January 2016

Cushion Covers Part 2

I'm not going crazy when I say this, but, sometimes the fabric just needs to talk to you and tell you what it wants to be.

I had chosen the fabrics below to create another pillow case for the pillows on our lounge suite.  The brown and the orange with white are Japanese kimono fabrics and the gold is a quilt making cotton.  Initially the two Japanese prints 'talked' to me, but I needed a third one.  I finally settled on the gold cotton.



Then for the pattern, originally I wanted to do this pillow in the Drunkards Path design with only the two Japanese prints, alas, I did not have enough fabric, that's why I had to find a third fabric. So, maybe some Drunkards Path at a later date.

I finally settled on a pattern called, "Carpenter's Wheel or Star Quilt", I had used this design before in my blog "Happy Retirement".  The design can be found online in Pinterest in many forms.





Well in typical Sandra style I cut enough to make another pillow in this design (could be cushion number 3), but, that's another story...


What will cushion three be?  I don't quite know yet, nothing as 'spoken' to me! LOL

It's Australia Day over here, I'm off to do more sewing before returning to work tomorrow (many a teacher in mourning today).

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment