Sunday 28 August 2016

Three shirt quilt...

So, what do you make when your brother hands you a bag with three of his favourite shirts, and says, "make something with them?"

Mm, cut off the cuffs and collars, save the buttons, and sit on the idea for a few years.

Then, the inspiration finally came, the fabric finally spoke to me. Cut the fabric into 2 1/2" strips, sew together the strips and then cut into 6 1/2" blocks. Sew together:


 As l have said in the past, quilting is not my favourite part, but l have also decided to push my boundaries in this regard.


So I grabbed the first thing that came into my hands to draw the quilting lines on.  Big mistake, I picked up a blue tailor's chalk pencil.....and it didn't want to brush out!

Great, get online, and guess what?  It appears that this is not unusual.

So, what was I to do?  I mixed up a paste of Vanish and water, and with an old toothbrush brushed this mix over the lines, throw into the wash, pray a little, and yes the pencil marks did come off!

Relieved.




I was hoping to give this quilt to my brother before l posted this, but that we couldn't get our schedules to sync. So here's your quilt Mark, I hope you like what I decided your three shirts should become:



I'm pleased with it.

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment