Saturday 13 August 2016

A-line skirt.

I'm still on my self drafted pattern quest.

In a previous post French cuffs I had self drafted this pattern with long sleeves and french cuffs, since I like to make a pattern more than once (because of the amount of time it takes to draft and get to the final stage).

This time I made it with short sleeves, why?  Hmm, didn't have enough of this fabric to make it up as a long sleeve shirt. I also decided that I wanted to use lots of mother of pearl buttons that I had purchased online:


The skirt is an A Line pattern I made up from a wool/polyester fabric I had purchased for $7 a meter.

In hindsight, I should have cut this skirt on the bias to make the check more interesting.

The skirt is fully lined.

I know it is summery looking, but the skirt is quite a winter weight.  However, it suits me because I often find when indoors during winter that it gets too hot.

Working on a quilt or two right now as gifts, so maybe my next post will be about this.  Or maybe the new Ottobre magazine would have arrived by then!

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment