Monday 30 May 2016

Akita - Seamworks

Seamworks patterns are designed to be made in about three hours and use simple finishing techniques - good for when you just want to quickly add something new to your wardrobe.



Front and back of this top are cut in one piece, two seams to sew and four yards of bias binding, and there you have it, a new top.

I am pleased with the fit and sizing of this pattern, I would recommend someone trying Seamworks patterns, the sizing is real, rather than fashion industry driven.

Plus I used a fabric that had been sitting in my stash from the 1980s, I bought this on the day that I decided in my sewing life, that you should always spend money on good quality fabric.  Bonus also I had the perfectly coloured vintage bias binding to match the top!



Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment