Tuesday 12 April 2016

Kwik Sew 2388 - Men's Pyjama pants



My apologies, I found some spelling errors after I'd posted it, it was easier to delete it and then repost it.

 I picked up this $1 pattern from a thrift shop.  It's Kwik Sew 2388.  Although the pattern is cheap, sometimes you just don't know whether you are going to get an entire pattern; and if you do, what condition it will be in.

Men's pyjama patterns sometimes get hard to find, so I picked it up anyway, I figured, for $1, I really wouldn't be loosing much if it wasn't complete.

Well, it was complete, however, its previous owner had cut it up to make the boxer shorts.  So, I stuck it together, traced it off and was able to complete the pattern.

I have used other patterns for boxer shorts or short pyjamas, and in all honesty, I think I prefer this pattern.  It came together easily, I like the way the fly area comes together.

I also made the bright green piping at the bottom of the legs:



I also got to use the press stud (plastic) kit that I bought off EBay.  If you look closely, I have colour coordinated these with the monster colours:




It was interesting the way the pattern did the waistband tie (internally).  It has fabric ends (or ties) are attached to elastic, which I'd imagine would be good when you are sleeping as it would give some flexibility and you wouldn't feel strangled in bed as you move around.  Other patterns I have used ask for a fabric tie around the entire waist.

Fabric was also an absolute bargain, flannelette, good quality, for $2.50 a meter.  Why, it was in the bargain bin (already reduced) and then was reduced again by 50%!  I like these type of bargains.  The best part of this was that I purchased the fabric one Sunday and it was cut and made by the following Sunday - it didn't even touch my every growing stash!

Happy sewing everyone, what have you been up to?

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment