Thursday 14 July 2016

Stretch fabric cardigan

My overlocker and I are spending some quality time with each other lately.

I've been sorting through my ever expanding stash.  Sadly some fabrics have moved onto other homes, others are with me.  I am trying really hard not to add to my stash at the moment.

Whilst sorting I came across a boucle orange fabric, just one meter, 150 cm wide, would there be enough to make a cardigan?  With much fiddling - yes.  Luckily it is a busy fabric, because the bottom band is piece, upon piece of fabric sewn together.


The pattern used was Seamworks, Wembly Cardigan 3024.

https://www.seamwork.com/

An hour and a half sewing time! May have taken less time had I been able to see the eye of the needle to rethread the overlocker, and had a needle not drop out of the machine!

Such a fantastic, quick project, done entirely on the overlocker (serger), would highly recommend this. The fit on this companies patterns are true.

Happy sewing everyone

Sandra

I did make another cardigan in black to go with my Ottobre dress.







No comments:

Post a Comment