Sunday 26 April 2015

Ottobre Design Woman Autumn/Winter 5/2013 Style 3

I've made this top before, out of a linen.  It wasn't a recommended fabric, but I did it anyway.

After an opportunity shop adventure with my friend Joanne, I found a lovely red viscose fabric that I thought would be ideal for this pattern.  Now, don't turn up your nose at venturing into an opportunity shop (second hand store). I used to, I no longer do.

You see, I discovered that, like me, many people would donate good quality 'stuff' to charities. I know when mum and dad died and we were clearing the house for sale, that we knew we couldn't keep everything and donated a lot of good quality gear to them. So, if we donate quality 'stuff', then other people do as well. Plus, these places exist to sell second hand items and use the money to help people less fortunate.

What I tend to find is, that most family members, when they see that their loved one has passed on, will quickly dismiss sewing gear, fabric and patterns and either throw them out or give them to a second hand store.

So, here are the photos of the Leo Bohemian blouse in linen:




Here it is out of this red printed viscose:


Conclusion? It works better in the recommended fabric.

We live and learn.

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment