Saturday 30 August 2014

Journaling your work

How do you journal or keep records of what you create?

Were you like me, once upon a time, where you never did?

It struck me one time, that I did not always remember what I had made and given away, until someone reminded me of what I had created for them!  Oops.

I then decided that I should keep a record of some sort of what I've created.

My first thought was, will it be a digital record or a hard copy?

One might argue, in the digital age that it should be purely digital. My problem is that I didn't feel that this would be tactile enough for me.  A picture to me, can not truly capture the textures and colours of the fabrics I use.

Yes, I agree that you need to have a digital photo, but, I wanted also to keep a record of the touchy feel stuff, the fabric and trims.



I hope my photo meets the approval of my professional photographer Mark Avellino from Mark Avellino Photography, www.markavellino.com.au  

How do you journal your work? 

Have a great week everyone.

Sandra


#quilting     #fabric            #journaling          #sewing        #patchwork






No comments:

Post a Comment