Saturday 2 September 2017

Hexagon madness

What starts off as a quick idea, eventually is not. Especially when you don't have enough fabric. All good, sorted.

I love hexagons, however, I'm hardly going to do them by hand.  Unfortunately, there aren't enough hours in a day for this.

More pregnant women discovered at work, so, it just had to be hexagons .... large hexagons, very large hexagons, machine sewn.

Place your pins in at the ends at the angle shown here:




The key to sewing hexagons by machine is to stop short on each of the edges by 1/4". Place your line in at the angle shown here.  Make sure you lock your stitches at the beginning and end of this line, as this will ensure that your sewing won't unravel.



Continue with this method until you finish the entire quilt.

Trust me, it works.




I like the finished quilt top, it beats sewing squares together and is quite effective.

What have you been up to?  I hope your day involved sewing.  I'm excited about what I'm working on next...you'll have to wait until next week!

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment