Saturday 8 July 2017

What to make with vintage fabric?

The items I've made were inspired by a vintage fabric that was my mother in laws. I was feeling a bit blue and the bright fabric cheered me up (my back has been giving me trouble for sometime now and my pain tolerance was down).

How could I use this fabric for practical purposes?

My thoughts started in the bathroom.  We always have toilet rolls sitting on the side of bath.  Why not have something cheery for them to sit in:


There are many tutorials on line for making these fabric baskets, it's hardly rocket science.

I've been toying with the idea of a patchwork/quilted bath mat.  So why not one to match?

Here it is (finally - it's been on my mind for over a year):


I'm happy with the outcome.  Husband questioned how Victorian it is (our house is of the Victorian Era), but, I can justify that the extension (where the bathroom is) is not original to the house and hardly Victorian!

Anyhow, I'm happy with the outcome (the very colourful fabric is the vintage fabric).

Happy sewing everyone.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment